I propose the following auctions to liquidate Pizarro's tangible assets. The starting bid for the auctions, which represents a reserve price, will be backed by my own Bitcoin. If the opening bid goes unbeaten, I will contribute the coin pledged into the pool from which shareholders mod6 and asciilifeform will be paid. This means the auction results will be final. There will be no do overs. If something doesn't sell, I pay into the Pizarro estate and the matter will be settled
I am using the following principles to price my opening bids:
- If I want to own something, my opening bid reflects what I am willing to pay to own it.
- If I don't particularly want to own something, my opening bid will be determined by what I can reasonably get on the local market in a hurry. The situation I am using to model a "hurry" in this instance is "I gotta get to Lima/Panama/Minsk in three days and there are other things to do besides burn all the hours on selling."
These criteria mean that yes, I am valuing individual new SSDs higher than the 1U servers. Anyone disputing these valuations is welcome to bid. All buyers are responsible for expenses necessary to take posession of the items either through picking them up in Montevideo or covering the cost of a courier service, and if necessary a customs dispatcher.
Propsective buyers are invited to consider the following points:
- The estimated cost to ship a machine of 'dulap' dimensions from Montevideo, Uruguay to Maryland, USA is ~700 USD if I test the machine to make sure it powers on and declare a value 200 USD or higher on the paperwork. Of that a very flat 350 USD is the fee demanded by the "Despechante de Aduanas" syndicate. Propsective buyers are encouraged to consult with DHL and Fedex to determine the costs of shipping to their locations.
- By contrast FUCKGOATS have a very low customs values established in precedent and even in substantial quantity should require no special export incantations.
- While I offered a pickup deadline of December 15th in the Pre-Closing Statement, I am willing to make arrangements for buyers coming to Montevideo to pick up their purchases in person. This will be the tourist season and the major traditional tourist population coming from Argentina will largely be too poor to tourist in their usual numbers. Post election derpery may also make the environment rather fun.
With this background established, here are my proposed auctions. Remember auctionbot denominates in ecu with 1 billion ecu to the Bitcoin meaning 100mn ecu = 0.1 BTC, 10mn ecu = 0.01 BTC, 10 ecu = 1 satoshi and so on.:
- !Xsell 1mn 168 Selling the server formerly known as UY1 no FUCKGOATS, no disks; buyer to take possession at his own expense.
- !Xsell 5mn 168 Selling the server formerly used for S.MG Testing with FUCKGOATS, no disks; buyer to take possession at his own expense
- !Xsell 5mn 168 Selling the server formerly used as S.MG Production with FUCKGOATS, no disks; buyer to take possession at his own expense.
- !Xsell 20mn 168 Server formerly used for Qntra and DNS, no FG no disks; buyer to take possession at his own expense.
- !Xsell 100 168 Two switches used in the late Pizarro's server rack; buyer to take possession at his own expense.
- !Xsell 1mn 168 Former Pizarro RockChip Plant, no used USB drives; buyer to take possession at his own expense.
- !Xsell 55mn 168 Lot of 5 unused Samsung 1 TB SSDs; buyer to take possession at his own expense.
- !Xsell 33mn 168 Lot of 2 Unused and 1 lightly used Samsung SSDs; buyer to take possession at his own expense.
- !Xsell 1 168 Lot of 18 FUCKGOATS in anti-static bags; buyer to take possession at his own expense.
- !Xsell 40mn 168 Lot of 4 FUCKGOATS used; buyer to take possession at his own expense.
- !Xsell 1 168 Opportunity to grab any other Pizarro items, cables etc, out of BingoBoingo's habitation module on the condition they are taken out of Uruguay; buyer must appear in Montevideo, Uruguay to take possession
Of these proposals I am most open to different batching, particularly with respect to the FUCKGOATS. I am also offering the opportunity to grab Pizarro items out of the habitation module on a first come, first serve basis to buyers coming to Montevideo to personally pick up their purchases. Persons disputing my valuation of the 1U servers are very welcome to bid on them.1
I will not entertain any offers to sell used disks. Customers may arrange to have their own used disks shipped at their own expense. Otherwise the used disks are to all be disposed of at hammer time.
- With time, they can probably be moved in the local market for more, but time is the caveat. These are items for a specialist market that locally has a number of ready members on the -10 negrate list if they'd ever bother to register keys. For the time horizon and accompanying risk I'm willing to accept, this is all I'm valuing them at unless a very good objection comes up. [↩]