With the late Pizarro's remains set on a course to liquidation and disposal that is amenable to shareholders, it is time to take some time on this blog to work over my own future. I am gearing up to pursue a three pronged job search.
- Opportunities to apprentice into a career as a datacenter technician
- Opportunities to apprentice into a paralegal career in a Spanish speaking civil law jurisdiction
- Opportunities to build a career in Uruguay
This is an unordered list rather than an ordered list for the good reason that I am not in a position to let strong preferences I may have based on my limited information interfere with any of these search routes. Datacenter technician work is likely to be the most lucrative route. Paralegal work is likely to be the most satisfying type of work. Uruguay is a place I know1 and have something resembling the embrionic form of a network. To this end I plan to dedicate 30 to 40 hours a week and likely spend still more hours in practice on this search beginning Monday. I've already put out some feelers, sent out some very targeted solicitations, but on Monday the starter gun goes off on conducting a dedicated search.
The Qntra Question
In intend to continue working on Qntra during this search, committing at least 12 hours a week. If any students show interest in the experimental Qntra journalism short course, this time will be split with the expenditure of time likely to result in synergy when it comes to perpetuating the practice of journalism and producing material for publication on Qntra. Qntra owes a substantial debt to Mircea Popescu for shaping, under his direction, in to competing credibly with the most ancient of German newspapers in quality of reporting.
Mircea Popescu's input on Qntra matters in recent times has been infrequent, but it continues to shape the work I produce for Qntra. I can not in good faith say Qntra is strictly a product of my hands. My hands simply implement the direction they've been given, to the best of my ability. I intend to continue practicing journalism for Qntra, and developing the castle #agriculturalsupremacy to perpetuate the practice of journalism as the Republic moves into a schoolhouse model for aspirants to learn the methods of sanity. To this end I see tremendous future value in keeping Qntra alive in addition to the value it provides in contributing to my own pursuit of sanity.
I don't at this time have a fast fix for Qntra to take over the journalism space, but it seems from my perspective that continued building of Qntra history builds its own sort of value as the nascent, stalled Republic takes a hard turn towards the pedagogical. I'll be damned if I let a red commie rag like the Daily Stormer become the next generation's Gray Lady without a fight.
Surveying the English language journalism space, Qntra has no competitor. Russia Today does acceptable enough coverage of the rogue state's foreign policy to get most of Qntra's archival links on the subject, but is unacceptable as a paper of record for being a state media organ that also pushes a whole bunch of garbage in other matters. Vdare shares the Stormer's socialism albeit in a softer form where they suppose socialism would work if only they limit it to folks with a magic skin color. Breitbart is retarded when it comes to Israel and the US's future. Unz's thing is open to a wide variety of perspectives, but it is a review, an occasionally interesting take on Reader's Digest.
With my now immediate Spanish writing skills, I plan to solicit the local papers again to see if they are interested in running a weekly column or something as part of a collection of activities that could make Uruguay an interesting option. There's a new or defunct then revived weekly with less retardation on the suface than some of the more established options in town since I last swept.
I see no compeling reason not to continue with Qntra's monopoly on my English language journalism2 for a lack of other viable options. This isn't a selfless paladin loading himself with duty thing. I have an ownership interest in Qntra, and it may be that the second 5 year plan is the one that gets Qntra leverage to take over journalism in the present international language of trade.
Yes, I am discounting sports journalism as a possibility. Since moving South, I've not been interested in the doings of others much and the sports bubble is still collapsing. Yes, sports writing was for some time a reliable way to transition into other sorts of writing. Today that seems to have closed with derps flooding the narrowing space. Maybe there's interest for Chinese language writing on the absurdity of basketball as an activity, but... that is an incredibly limited space to try to get anything out of.
Anyways, Qntra at the very least provides me a structured kernel around which I can work with in the long term to continue building myself up into a well rounded "Man of the Future"(TM)(R).
What I Value in The Next Thing
Let me start with some clear things that will be guiding my search as well as my conduct into the forseeable future.
- I am only interested at this time in working in established operations with a history. I work best in most tasks when I'm taking clear directions. In a future search this may change if I have apprenticed myself up into mastery of a domain.
- I am looking for a boring, stable, and clearly defined role at this time. I will eagerly pursue such an opportunity with the aim of achieving excellence. Continuing to build value in Qntra and Bitcoin is my moonshot.
- I will continue to keep myself in communion with the Republic as I understand it. I will discount ingroup signaling and appeals to selflessness in my pursuit of becoming a true man of the future.
- Wherever I sit on anyone's WoT graph, I will not use larpy titles like Lord, Knight, etc to describe myself and my relationship to the Republic as I understand it for the forseeable future. If other persons decide to put these labels on me, I will not dispute them. I will think of myself as either a citizen or as an aspiring "Man of the Future" without regard for the pomp or titles others may foist upon me.
- I will regard engineers, self described "free republicans", and others as the still suffering. I will not try to force help on anyone who isn't ready for it, but I will keep myself available to help those who want to recover.
Questions, comments, suggestions, and direction are all welcome. Yes, I do plan to see if I can hammer some material into a program for "being an engineer recovery", but no it is not my highest priority item at this time. Largely because I'm going to be testing the application of the methods on myself going forward.
- This is a blessing and a curse. I know Uruguay well. Unfortunately Uruguay sits at the southern map extreme with respect to places civilization has reached. [↩]
- Though to be fair this blog does get some attention now as a place for me to play with longer form pieces not fit for Qntra at this time. [↩]