- A Rack Was Leased: Contract and Math on the endeavor that produces a weekly price of 33.15 Universal Standard Dosiedoes per week for one rack unit.
- The local poverty in terms of money and hardware were probed and discovered to be profound.
- A 48 port Gigabit Ethernet switch was installed in the Cabinet along with a 1U low power Qntra Server
- It was discovered BingoBoingo is incapable of delivering the self direction necessary to carry this endevor on his own. The willingness and ability for someone to fill this gap is a hard problem.
- Of the original capital 900 Dosiedoes were spent with an accountant that delivered to BingoBoingo a unipersonal enterprise and no bank account, and no timeline for acquiring a bank account. This makes BTC/fiat conversions a time consuming exercise in masochism. A non-US corporation or non-US passport holder could cut through this pile of wank.
- Guidance on import customs and fees is opaque. Locals with knowledge and experience potentially useful in sorting through this are thoroughly enmeshed in the local holiday culture. on days like today1, December and the first half of January2, and weird shit like Nostalgia day in August
- Uncertainty BingoBoingo sufficiently put the screws to the locals to get results off the printed menu. This hazard presents itself prominently with the IPv4 address situation.
- BingoBoingo indeed got drunk. Because of this, the humorless locals, and cargo cult AA down here I would like an concrete exit plan. A bailout or series of bailouts contingent on BingoBoingo stays in Montevideo indefinitely and hopefully terraforms the place into civilization while surviving on the friendship of one Venezolana and conversation with whoever passes through the hostel over the winter does not present a risk profile at this time which substantially interests me.
- A clean, clear takeover where BingoBoingo can handover operations and leave on a note of "well meaning but ineffectual, though he did successfully turn over the keys to what was left" after 1, 3, 6, or 12 months is interesting. Being conscripted to act as a principal in a venture I am well out of my depth and ability to manage frankly sounds like hell, especially when Mircea Popescu had the kindness to offer a plane ticket and a hard lesson.
Questions are welcome and necessary.
- Carnival [↩]
- Navidad, New Years, and the local mandate that fiat employee vacation days be contiguous [↩]